Thursday, June 22, 2006

Ketchup

Tommy called me last week, and rebuked me for slacking on my Blog, so I decided to play a little catch up (ah, now you understand the cleverness of the title. Yes I’m good, I know). This entry is essentially an excerpt of a letter I wrote to my Brother Kevin, who is serving a mission in Colorado.

I bought Ben The SpongeBob movie on DVD the yesterday, and he’s watched it almost 1,000 times already. Kid is really digging on SpongeBob these days. His tastes are really fickle though. He’ll love something one week, and watch it until the disc wears down to a wafer, and then the next day it will be something else. One time he watched Aqua Teen Hunger Force with me, and the next day he asked me if he could watch “the food guys”. I didn’t let him though. It’s a little inappropriate for him. The one we watched had their neighbor guy whizzing in a cup, because he was too lazy to get up. I already have enough problems with Ben wanting to go outside to pee in the dirt. I don’t need him learning more places to pee besides the toilet.

I could let him watch ATHF anytime though, because Cox cable has this InDemand thing. You turn it to channel 1, and there’s a crapload of stuff that you can pay to watch like movies and fights, but there’s also free stuff. That’s how we watched ATHF in the first place. I’ve been using it a lot lately to let him watch cartoons that we don’t have on DVD (like SpongeBob before I bought the movie).

A few weeks ago we took the boys to the Doctor for a routine look under the hood. A nurse asked Marie if Jared says 10 words yet. Marie said no. Since then, I swear, Jared has learned 30 words. His favorite thing to say is “no no touch”. He says Papa (grandpa), grandma, Momma, and Daddy, night-night, kick kick (that’s from swimming at Colleen’s pool) and some other stuff too. It’s all very hard to decipher by untrained ears though.

Speaking of Colleen’s pool, it’s been finished for about a month now, so we go over there a couple times a week. Ben loves to swim. Almost every day he asks “Can we go swim in Cotleen’s pool?” He wears those inflatable floaties on his arms, and he swims around the pool all by himself. He can go for hours.

His Birthday is next month, and he specifically requested a Chuck E. Cheese Hulk party, so that’s what he’s getting. He keeps telling everyone that he’s going to get “Party Mario 7”, for his birthday, but lately he seems to want “The Hulk Game”, instead. He’s into the Nintendo. He kills is at Mario Sunshine. He can do the back flips and everything. He knows how to fetch the right fruit for Yoshi, and he can get a few of the Shine Sprites without any help. If you saw him play you’d be impressed, and I’m talking about when he was only 3 ½, because he hasn’t been playing it much lately.