Thursday, September 21, 2006

Ender's Game

I finished “A Clash of Kings” book 2 of the Song of Ice and Fire series, so I went out and bought book 3, but I didn’t start reading it yet, because book 5 isn’t even out yet, so I don’t want to read the first four books, and then have to wait forever for the next one, and then wait some more for the next two, so I read a book called “Ender’s Game” instead. It’s by a guy called Orson Scott Card, and it’s about a 6 year old kid named Ender who is recruited by the military to join their “Battleschool”. Ender doesn’t know it, but he’s humanity’s last hope in the war against the alien “Buggers”. It’s a GREAT book. As great as Song of Ice and Fire is, Ender’s Game was a welcome break from 900 page books that aren’t over by the last page. It’s only a little over 300 pages, and has a good, solid ending. There are a bunch of sequels though.