Tuesday, December 19, 2006

You punk.

I taught Jared to call people a punk. Now both he and Ben run around calling people punks. One time a guy at the store touched Ben’s Mohawk, and Ben said “Don’t touch my hair punk!”, and I’ve heard him say “Out of my way punk!” to kids at the playground, so I started telling them that punk isn’t a nice word and that they shouldn’t say it, so Ben started whispering to Jared “Tell Daddy he’s a punk”, and of course Jared would say it. Then Jared started whispering the same thing to Ben, which is hilarious. And if you tell Jared he’s punk he says “You punk”, and “You are.”

Then a few weeks ago I was carrying Jared, and I said “Jared you’re heavy.”

So he said “You heavy”.

And I said “You are”.

He said “You are”. And so on.
Anyway all that is funny, but it leads to something funnier. A few days ago Marie was getting some Yogos ready for Jared, and he got all excited, and started waving his hands in the air, and I said “He’s pumped!”.

Jared shot right back with “You punk Daddy. You are. You heavy. You are. You punk.” And the whole time he was pointing his finger right at my face. It was so freaking funny.

It’s crazy how cute Jared is, and he’s always saying funny stuff. Ben says funny stuff too, but It’s just funnier for a 2 year old to say funny stuff. Like the other day he walked past me and said “Right back Daddy. Poopy diaper. Wipes.” He’s telling me that he’ll be right back, because his diaper’s poopy. He’s been telling me for a long time when he’s poopy, and then he’ll go to his room , and dump all the diapers on the floor.